[Coral-List] Help finding heavily overfished reefs in the Caribbean

Ivana Kenny ibmkenny at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 12:19:14 EDT 2011

Hey Joe,

If you want text book over-fished reefs, check Jamaica. We consume both the typical food fish and some of the 'reef' fish species (like parrots and doctor fish) and our fishers utilize lines, seines and traps to collect. Consequently, any reef closely associated with a fishing community has limited fish abundance and diversity. Reef Check surveys are conducted island-wide, annually and that database may give you figures to determine which sites you would like to include in your analysis.

Ivana Kenny