[Coral-List] Healthiest Caribbean reefs

Amber Maitland amber.maitland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:43:08 EDT 2011

Hello coral reef experts,

I'm a researcher for a 3-year documentary film project, and as part of our story, we'd like to film a healthy and thriving coral reef in the Caribbean / Gulf of Mexico / Western Atlantic.

My producer is interested in particular in Cuba (SE; Cayo Largo), Dominican Republic, and/or Puerto Rico (Desecheo? Mona Island?). However, I have been recommended Bonaire, Turks & Caicos, San Andres/Providence Islands, and the Cayman Islands.

Do you have any advice or observations with comparisons of the places above? Should the Bay Islands be added to that list? Or Flower Garden Banks NMS?

Many thanks in advance for your advice and time,
Best wishes,
Amber Maitland