[Coral-List] Black Reefs

Szmant, Alina szmanta at uncw.edu
Fri Sep 9 11:23:09 EDT 2011

Many of the structures I have seen coated with corals are not in keys but in Bahamas, lower Caribbean.  I think the effects of the metals in the ship hulls has much to do with the nature of the substrate the wreck is on.

Dr. Alina M. Szmant
Professor of Marine Biology
Center for Marine Science and Dept of Biology and Marine Biology
University of North Carolina Wilmington
5600 Marvin Moss Ln
Wilmington NC 28409 USA
tel:  910-962-2362  fax: 910-962-2410  cell: 910-200-3913
http://people.uncw.edu/szmanta