[Coral-List] Fish ID

Courtney Bennett clbennet3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 13:20:49 EDT 2012

Hi Alice,

The filaments look like they are stemming from the pectoral spines instead
of the dorsal fin, which makes me hesitant on agreeing with the ID of
juvenile African Pompano.  It resembles a juvenile lion fish spp. (Pterois
genus), but I have never seen the filamentous fins like that.  Please let
me know what you come up with for the ID.  I am very intrigued.

Cheers,
Courtney Bennett