[Coral-List] Remote sensing, conservation, and sustainable resource apps?

RainbowWarriorsInternational southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 15:45:11 EDT 2012

Can the scope and technical platforms and delivery systems for the remote sensing technologies usage be made more specific?

There are already hundreds of research initiatives underway to combine in essence data collection from remote sensing devices, handheld measuring devices, such as smart phones, tablets, notebooks and netbooks all equipped with either plugged in peripherals or wirelessly linked devices for data capture, most of these combining geospatial data and locational data.

In addition the scope of usages and end-users needs to be more specific.

In essence this initiative to bring remote sensing technologies into the field of ICT for development, which includes biodiversity monitoring conservation and sustainable development is just one of hundreds of initiatives.

I would also suggest looking at the UN Big Data initiative at http://unglobalpulse.org/technology and of course also check the W3C website (www.w3c.org and Eclipse Foundation website www.eclipse.org for useful insights into existing projects that may be relevant.

And last but not least http://cordis.europa.eu/fp7/ict/projects/home_en.html.

In this field it is best not to reinvent the wheel but join forces with other projects planned or in progress.

Milton Ponson, President
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
(Rainbow Warriors International)
Tel. +297 568 5908
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Email: southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
http://www.rainbowwarriors.net

To unite humanity in a global society dedicated to a sustainable way of life