[Coral-List] Colombian National Day of the Reef

Arrecifes de coral corales2006 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:07:34 EST 2012

The 5th of
December in Colombia, We celebrate the National  Day of the Reef. The Foundation ICRI Colombia
in Pro of Coral Reefs shares some positive aspects that We have achieved during
the last five years  of permanent
environmental  campaigns with the
communities who depend directly on coral reefs. For example:
http://campam.gcfi.org/SGF/SGFEng.php                http://icri-colombia.blogspot.com/     and
   http://icri-colombia.es.tl/

We are in
constant direct communication with those who make decisions about reefs in the to
advise them how to improve coral reef management- However, is their only
political will, that has changed according to the different officers and
priorities.

This
opportunity serves to draw the attention of our fellow environmentalists who
want to support the present permanent campaigns which can join
either as followers of our twitter, facebook ,social networks, volunteers (send
CV) and as citizen reporters, sending us their observations of reefs (photos,
videos, surveys of fishermen and tourists forms:

* Recover 100% of our FLOWER SEA
biosphere reserve

* not to the dredging of the Canal
del Dique causing sedimentation in the PNNCR

* Yes to fishing, consumption and
marketing of lionfish

 * Promotion to the research and implementation
of alternatives for disposal of organic waste without contaminating the
drinking waters (without impacting our rivers, seas and coral reefs)

 * More environmental education and improvement
of coral reef management effectiveness considering ecological, social and
economic criteria

Cordial saludo,

Nohora Galvis

Directora Ejecutiva

Fundación ICRI-Colombia en pro de los arrecifes coralinos

NIT 900244099-0

Calle 97 A No. 60D-88 Bogota

Email
icri.colombia at gmail.com Celular 3118428075

http://icri-colombia.es.tl/

http://icri-colombia.blogspot.com/

Punto Focal ICRI para Colombia por la Sociedad Civil

https://twitter.com/ArrecifesCoral

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fundaci%C3%B3n-Iniciativa-Arrecifes-Coralinos-de-Colombia/317788734923862?ref=hl#!/photo.php?fbid=457811797588221&set=a.444087122294022.91133.317788734923862&type=1&theater