[Coral-List] ERM Hong Kong is hiring Environmental Impact Assessment Consultant for Marine Sciences team

Christine Yip Christine.Yip at erm.com
Tue Dec 4 21:09:42 EST 2012

ERM HONG KONG seeks an exceptional individual to join as a Senior Consultant in our Marine Sciences team in Hong Kong. The role will be specifically to take a lead sourcing and managing marine related Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) projects throughout Asia Pacific.

THE CANDIDATE:

Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic and energetic; they will be persuasive communicators (both verbal and written) who are comfortable in dealing with management and operators at all levels. You must have a passion for marine environmental science and have a background in impact assessment (EIA). You will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of projects in the marine environment including baseline and monitoring, impact assessment and strategic development studies. Experience should ideally include working on environmental projects for the oil and gas, power or mining industries.

REQUIREMENTS:

-Candidates should have a postgraduate qualification, preferably PhD, in Marine Science, Coastal Engineering or Environmental Engineering;

-Understanding of marine and coastal ecosystems, their threats, coastal management issues, and strategies for their conservation would be an advantage;

-At least 5 years' experience in environmental consultancy or environment focused non-governmental organisations is essential;

-Demonstrable EIA project management experience, preferably on projects related to international financing would be considered a benefit;

-Strong communication and presentation skills and ability to work in a team is essential;

-Excellent report writing skills. Fluency in both written and spoken English is a fundamental requirement.

At ERM we have a team of energetic consultants and support staff from different backgrounds making for a truly international office. With excellent business performance in the past years, we are on track to continue growing in the long run, in terms of both people and services. We believe in developing our talent internally and offer unparalleled project experience as well as extensive travel opportunities within Asia-Pacific and further afield.

(www.erm.com<http://www.erm.com/>)

Your desire and ability to work as part of a team and take ownership of your work will see you thrive within your role. If you are interested in growing your career in a challenging, innovative and supportive working environment and believe you have the drive and ability to match ours, apply including a cover letter, and apply today using the links below.

http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ERMGINC&cws=1&rid=6396

Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Thanks & Regards
Christine Yip
Regional Recruiter, North East Asia
ERM-Hong Kong, Limited

www.erm.com
P<http://www.erm.comp/> Please consider the environment before printing this email

Apply jobs at www.erm.com/careers<http://www.erm.com/careers> now!

ERM-Hong Kong, Limited

16/F, DCH Commercial Centre, 25 Westlands Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
Telephone: (852) 2271 3000
Facsimile: (852) 2723 5660

This electronic mail message may contain information which is (a) LEGALLY PRIVILEGED,
PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE,
and (b) intended only for the use of the Addressee (s) names herein. If you are not the Addressee (s), or the person responsible for delivering this to the Addressee (s), you are hereby notified that reading, copying, or distributing this message is prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please contact us immediately and take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your computer system. Thank you