[Coral-List] PBS story on Florida reef

Delbeek, Charles CDelbeek at calacademy.org
Sun Dec 9 13:06:32 EST 2012

My understanding is that many of the corals that are being transplanted by the Coral Restoration.org folks are doing rather well, growing and spawning even in some cases. So how does one explain this in light of the "unmentioned" factors that may still be at play here? I agree that the long term effects of climate change may be too much for these species to cope with but I guess we shall see.

J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc.
Assistant Curator, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences

p 415.379.5303
f. 415.379.5304
cdelbeek at calacademy.org
www.calacademy.org

55 Music Concourse Drive
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA 94118

Facebook | Twitter

'Tis the Season for Science - Now through January 6.
Meet live reindeer, experience indoor snow flurries,
and learn how animals adapt to winter.