[Coral-List] Impact of listing 66 coral species on coral research

Shortfin Mako Shark shortfin_mako_shark at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 09:31:52 EST 2012

I want to remind everyone that the ESA has 11 sections. Although one of the main objectives of the Act is to protect species that are declining and threatened with extinction, Section 4 of the Act also manadates that the Agencies implement Recovery Plans (i.e., achieve recovery of the species).
 Recovery plans must incorporate, at a minimum:
	1. a description of site-specific management actions necessary to achieve recovery of the species,
	2. objective, measurable criteria which, when met, would result in a determination that the species be removed from the list; and
	3. estimates of the time and costs required to achieve the plan's goal
Section 4(f) of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) directs NOAA's National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) to develop and implement recovery plans for threatened and endangered species, unless such a plan would not promote conservation of the species.

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.