[Coral-List] Impact of listing 66 coral species on coral research

Eugene Shinn eshinn at marine.usf.edu
Tue Dec 18 10:33:56 EST 2012

Steve says of me " I  suppose  you  will  never understand/learn why
coral scientists and
   environmentalists are so worried about the impacts of anthropogenic
  climate change." Unfortunately I do!  I served on a climate change
committee for 3 years.  That is what worries me.  For the record, I
keep touting geology for the study of coral reefs (possibly because
it was geologists that began the study of coral reefs...at least in
Florida) but for the record  my undergraduate degree was zoology with
minor in botany. I am a self taught geologist (with a lot of help
from my friends and mentors as described in my memoir Bootstrap
Geologist.) Gene
--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor