[Coral-List] Effective communications tools?

Katherine McLean kmclean at lakeheadu.ca
Wed Dec 19 10:25:53 EST 2012

I work with a small eNGO that operates in the Caribbean. One of the major
challenges I am currently facing is the development of effective outreach
and education campaigns to support our various projects. These projects
generally deal with coastal resource management issues (fishing, coastal
development… the usual for a small Caribbean Island). I am hoping that
there are some of you out there who have recommendations of particularly
effective communications tools that have been successful in community
outreach efforts.

I am not sure that our pamphlets and other papers are very well received by
fisherfolk, and community meetings are often expensive and poorly attended.
We are starting to try out hand at videos/documentaries.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at
kmclean at lakeheadu.ca.

Thanks and happy holidays!

Katie McLean