[Coral-List] Tubastraea vs. Tubastrea?

Delbeek, Charles CDelbeek at calacademy.org
Sun Dec 23 20:08:51 EST 2012

Curious as to what the correct spelling for this genus is. I have seen it spelled both ways in the grey literature and scientific papers and books. WORMS says it is Tubastraea. http://www.marinespecies.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=267930 and I have always written this way, except for my first book where we spelled it Tubastrea and it was pointed out as wrong.

Best regards,
Charles

J. Charles Delbeek, M.Sc.
Assistant Curator, Steinhart Aquarium
California Academy of Sciences

p 415.379.5303
f. 415.379.5304
cdelbeek at calacademy.org<mailto:cdelbeek at calacademy.org>
www.calacademy.org

55 Music Concourse Drive
Golden Gate Park
San Francisco, CA 94118

Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/calacademy> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/calacademy>

'Tis the Season for Science - Now through January 6.
Meet live reindeer, experience indoor snow flurries,
and learn how animals adapt to winter.