[Coral-List] Review of source-sink dynamics in marine metapopulations

Rom Lipcius rom at vims.edu
Wed Feb 15 16:24:37 EST 2012

Given that this topic may be of interest to many members of coral-list, and due to the potential difficulties in acquiring this book, my co-author and I thought it would be useful to make you aware of our recent review chapter:

Lipcius, R.N. and G.M. Ralph. 2011. Evidence of source-sink dynamics in marine and estuarine species.  In Sources, Sinks, and Sustainability (Eds. J. Liu, V. Hull, A. T. Morzillo and J. A. Wiens), pp. 361-381, Cambridge University Press.

I can provide a pdf copy to anyone who requests it.

The book also has an additional marine-related chapter by Stephen Wing as a case study of source-sink dynamics in a New Zealand sea urchin metapopulation.

Regards,
Rom Lipcius

Romuald N. Lipcius
Professor of Marine Science
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William & Mary
1208 Greate Road, Gloucester Point, VA 23062
804-684-7330 (office), rom at vims.edu
http://www.vims.edu/fish/faculty/lipcius_rn.html