[Coral-List] Don't be such a scientist.

Helder Perez helder.perez at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 17:01:02 EST 2012

Dear All,

Is it possible that climate change is a hoax? Yes (under the premise that
nearly everything is possible). Now, is it very likely? No. The amount of
information that's coming out daily from international research centers and
lone scientists regarding climate science is colosal. And yet, we've only
begun to scratch the surface.

Global warming is just one of the effects of climate change. As Quenton
wrote, the change is Global. It entails ocean acidification, changes in the
ocean circulation and ocean chemistry, fluctuations in the cryosphere
dynamics, changes in climate variability, sea level rise and the
apocalyptic cooling of the stratosphere (listed below).  These are the*known
*effects of the climate crisis, not everything that's could be out there.
It's likely that with time we'll find more problems along the way, for we
have tilted the planet's axis, sort of speak. It's also possible that big
corporations are the true *forcings* behind the failure of the COP17 (and
major international efforts to slow down the oil addiction), but this
shouldn't stop *every one of us* from looking for answers.

"Have no fear for atomic energy, 'cause none of them can *stop the time"
  -Bob Marley*

Cheers,

Helder I. Pérez

Vice-president
*Bay Islands Foundation
HONDURAS
*www.utila-iguana.de/fib
Skype ID: helder.perez

*5 Suggested links: *

1.Stratospheric cooling -a summary of the aforementioned study of Dr.
Uherek's on the cooling of the stratosphere and it's implication on the
ozone layer.
http://www.atmosphere.mpg.de/enid/20c.html

2.BAMS (Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society) State of the
Climate 2010 -for the most
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/bams-state-of-the-climate/

3.NOAA's Climate Services -online magazine with reliable and up-to-date
information regarding climate science and climate education.
http://www.climate.gov/#climateWatch

4.NOAA and NCDC (National Climate Data Center) -Note on Global Climate
Change Indicators
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/indicators/
5. GAW (Global Atmosphere Watch): Greenhouse gas research
http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/arep/gaw/ghg/ghgbull06_en.html