[Coral-List] BENTHIC ECOLOGY MEETING REGISTRATION & ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS OPEN

cboleman at cfl.rr.com cboleman at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 16 11:54:19 EST 2012

Registration for the 41st Benthic Ecology Meeting is now open at the following website:  http://sci.odu.edu/bem/

The 2012 BEM will be held March 21-24th in Norfolk, VA. Old Dominion University will be your host.  A few updates and reminders:

(1) Hotel Accommodations: We have negotiated a fantastic rate at the conference hotel – the Norfolk Waterside Marriott.  This is the best hotel in town at a bargain basement rate: $93/night for 1-4 persons/rm.  A great hotel on the waterfront in downtown with lots of restaurants and bars nearby, a 6th floor heated pool with several outdoor hot tubs overlooking the waterfront, classy rooms, and a great bar – you’d be crazy to stay elsewhere! Please help us fill the hotel.

(2) Film Festival: The BEM will again host the “Beneath the Waves Film Festival” (see our website for details), but this year we are highlighting the film festival with a Friday evening social at the Nauticus Maritime Museum where the films will appear on the IMAX theater screen.

(3) Poster Presentations: To give poster presenters more visibility at the BEM, this year we are requiring the following of poster presenters:
   (a) Author photos: A photo of the lead author must appear on the poster so viewers of your poster can identify you at the conference.
   (b) “Fastest-2-minutes-presentations”: All poster presenters will be required to give a brief (no more than 2 mins and no more than 2 slides) oral summary of their posters during the oral presentation sessions.

Hope to see you at the 41st BEM!

Mark

Dr. Mark Butler
Professor & Eminent Scholar