[Coral-List] First survey results

Bastiaan Vermonden bastiaan.vermonden at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 05:27:23 EST 2012

Dear coral listers,

First I would like to thank all the coral listers who (already) contributed
a survey, thank you! Right now I have 115 surveys. I was wondering whether
some people might be interested in the inititial results. If you send me an
email I will be happy to provide the data I have right now.

One interesting result I found is that while we talk about the coral reef
crisis nearly all divers still consider the diving destinations in good
shape. On a range of 1 to 5 with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best the
average rating divers gave for diving destinations was 4.28. Of course the
survey data is not random and it could be that right now I am attracting
the biggest optimists but I still think it raises some interesting
questions. Also not every destination had coral reefs but definitely the
majority.

If you would still like to contribute a survey or you know someone who
would like to then you can find my survey here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFVTMENIbWhSanNxRVJQaS1vSUgxbXc6MQ

Regards,

Bastiaan Vermonden