[Coral-List] First Survey Results (Bastiaan Vermonden)

Katherine McLean kmclean at lakeheadu.ca
Fri Jan 20 14:00:06 EST 2012

Bastiaan,

It is also important to keep in mind that the baseline from which
individuals gauge whether a reef is in "good shape" or not will vary
considerably. While many of us are aware that very few reefs are in
what would historically be considered "good shape", as someone who has
only dived in the Caribbean for the past 10 years my response is
relative to this experience. As I reflect on the response that I gave
I realize now that it perhaps should have been lower, but at the time
what was going through my mind was, "well I know that this location is
about as good as it gets for the region", and so the value is
inflated.

Message: 1