[Coral-List] Fwd: Post-Doc Position

Jim Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 23 10:04:48 EST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Kelble <chris.kelble at noaa.gov>
Date: Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 5:45 PM
Subject: Post-Doc Position

Hi all,

I have a post-doc position currently open at RSMAS to support the Gulf
of Mexico Integrated Ecosystem Assessment project and other efforts
ongoing at AOML. Please forward the advertisement below to anyone you
think might be interested and contact me if you have any questions.

"The University of Miami is committed to educating and nurturing
students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and
beyond. We are leaders in the area of education, scholarship,
intercollegiate athletics and service. Come join our team!

The Cooperative Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Studies (CIMAS) at
the University of Miami (UM), Rosenstiel School of Marine and
Atmospheric Science (RSMAS) invite applications for a Postdoctoral
Associate to participate in a multi-institutional synthesis and modeling
project to inform ecosystem based management in the Gulf of Mexico. This
project will involve the integration of marine ecosystem observations
and modeling, to examine the impact of management on the production of
ecosystem services and the testing of alternative management strategies.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Marine Ecology, or a related field. The
successful candidate should have experience with ecosystem modeling and
management evaluations, as well as with the synthesis and analysis of
ecosystem data. Strong communication and computer skills, the ability to
work with large amounts of data, and familiarity with ecosystem models
(such as ATLANTIS, NPZD, or bioenergetics) are required. This position
will be located within the Ocean Chemistry Division at the Atlantic
Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory.

For further questions please contact/e-mail: chris.kelble at noaa.gov.
Position #043821. Apply online at www.miami.edu/careers. A statement of
interest, CV, and the names of 3 people who can provide letters of
recommendation are required. Applications will be accepted through
February 28, 2012.

The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive
benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition
remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of
Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer."

Thanks,
Chris
--
Christopher R. Kelble, Oceanographer