[Coral-List] Science and advocacy

Shortfin Mako Shark shortfin_mako_shark at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 12:39:13 EDT 2012

No one uses the term censorship; however, everything is "filtered" including the way the media reports the news. If you are unaware, almost every federal agency in the U.S has their own legal Counsel. Their job is to ensure that agency documents follow the law. Often the language in those documents is revised based on legal review. I don't have to tell you that some agency documents are considered classified. Is that censorship? Censorship happens every day and in ever part of our life. Depending on the situation, there are "gag" rules in place for agency staff. Many folks have been replaced for not following the rules. Its just part of democracy. Science and advocacy is a weird dynamic.

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.