[Coral-List] Fwd: [MarineDebris] Plastic Beach

Axelle Jorcin axellejorcin at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 23:23:41 EDT 2012

Dear Coral-listers,

I thought this should reach as wide an audience as possible...

Cheers,
Axelle

http://vimeo.com/46594524

Plastic Disaster - Hong Kong
by Gary Stokes PLUS 12 hours ago

The after effects of Typhoon Vincent are bringing in a deadly wave of pollution to the beaches of Hong Kong. Sacks of pre-production plastic pellets (nurdles) that were lost at sea are covering the coastlines of Hong Kong with this deadly material. Gary Stokes of Sea Shepherd and Tracey Read of DB Green are working to mobilise the Hong Kong Government and people to remove this threat to our marine life.