[Coral-List] Subject: 82 Corals Status Review under the US Endangered Species Act (reply to Fenner)

Shortfin Mako Shark shortfin_mako_shark at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 08:36:31 EDT 2012

Based on our current fishery management process, the best way to express your views, concerns, and issues to agency folks is early in the process. In fact, under the NEPA process, agencies are required to hold public meeting that often called "scoping meeting." Scoping meetings is where the agency listens and often interacts with researchers. The other avenue to express your views, concerns, and issues is through the rulemaking process. Agency staff are required to respond to your comments. I can tell you from experience, agency staff do read and group all responses. I once read and grouped about 1200 public comments. Most of the comments were we hate your organization and don't agree with your approach; however, some comments were very technical; we actually modifed some language in the final rule because the comment was backed up with evidence.

Juan

This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and its attachments, you must take no action based upon them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.