[Coral-List] Does anyone know about Shorelock?

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Fri Jun 8 09:58:34 EDT 2012

Rachel, I'm not aware of that product, but the approach in and of itself sounds like artificially creating something akin to beach rock. There is an issue to consider and that is, What happens with the energy? Sand that is moved back and forth helps dissipate the wave energy, and water infiltrating into the beach also helps. Hard shores don't have that effect. Hardening a shoreline can actually make erosion worse, there are numerous examples of that around the world. So even if the product does what it says, it may or may not solve the problem.

Ulf Erlingsson, Ph.D.
President and CEO
Lindorm, Inc.