[Coral-List] Coral immunology

thinesh thina.sathesh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:20:05 EDT 2012

  I am thinesh from India, I completed doctoral research in
   coral diseases, During my study I found that coral genera  such as
   Montipora, Porites, Acropora sp., were dominantly and frequently affected
   by diseases but genera such as Symphyllia and Platygyra sp., were not
found
   to be affected even which are near to disease affected corals and  highly
   polluted environment.
                                       with this background,  I like to
   continue my studies to study  the detailed mechanism of immune system in
   resistant and susceptible species and how does environmental stress and
   warming affect coral immunity.
    I am writing to request members of the list server with experience in
   working on coral reef immunological research from other parts of the
world
   to kindly help me in refining and further analysing my work. I would also
   appreciate if you could share your publications and literature and also
   would appreciate all possible advice and suggestions
   --
   T.Thinesh
   Senior Research Fellow,