[Coral-List] FW: 12th ICRS Program Book and Abstracts

Hughes, Terry terry.hughes at jcu.edu.au
Fri Jun 15 02:57:55 EDT 2012

12th INTERNATIONAL CORAL REEF SYMPOSIUM

I'm pleased to announce the online posting of the 12th ICRS Program Book, and the Book of Abstracts, available now at http://www.coralcoe.org.au/icrs2012/Downloads/ICRS2012_Program_Book.pdf and http://www.coralcoe.org.au/icrs2012/Downloads/ICRS2012_Book_of_Abstracts.pdf

These documents are free and you do not have to be registered to attend the Symposium to access them online. The Symposium Program includes approximately 1,500 talks and 200 poster presentations.

You can still register to attend the July 9th-13th Symposium at http://www.coralcoe.org.au/icrs2012/Registration.htm

CONSENSUS STATEMENT: We invite you to join hundreds of scientists from around the world in endorsing a Consensus Statement urging governments to take action for the preservation of coral reefs for the benefit of present and future generations. The Consensus Statement was drafted by a working group of eminent scientists, brought together under the auspices of The Center for Ocean Solutions, to address the topic of climate change impacts on coral reefs. To build a large base of support in preparation for the public launch of the statement (during the opening ceremony of the 12th International Coral Reef Symposium, on July 9th, in Cairns, Australia), please go to http://www.coralcoe.org.au/icrs2012/Consensus_Statement.htm to join other scientists from around the world by adding your name to the list of endorsees. So far 2,375 scientists have endorsed the statement.
We look forward to welcoming 2,000 of you to Cairns in just a few weeks. We're having a delightful tropical winter, with sunny highs around 24-27oC and cool overnight lows of 10-16oC. Bring sunscreen and a sweater!

Cheers, Terry

Prof. Terry Hughes FAA
Director, ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
James Cook University
Townsville, QLD 4811, AUSTRALIA
Fax: 61 (0) 4781-6722
tel: 61 (0)7-4781-4000
http://www.coralcoe.org.au/

The ARC Centre will host the next International Coral Reef Symposium (ICRS) in Australia in July 2012