[Coral-List] Great Barrier Reef is rapidly losing coral

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 03:17:51 EDT 2012

August,
    I wish it were that simple.  Fact is, people make these arguments to
sway those who are reading but not writing messages.  When someone feels
that another person has sent out a message that will mislead people, they
want to correct it.  With climate change you are quite right, no one is
likely to change the opinion of the main people who are arguing these
points.  In fact, the main feature of "pseudoscience" is that people will
not abandon their views no matter how many times their views have been
shown by evidence to be wrong.  In science, once something has been
disproven, then you have to either change the theory or get a new theory,
the old one is dead.  The argument at this point is which side is
pseudoscience.

Wikipedia has some interesting pages on pseudoscience for those that are
interested.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

also their page listing different kinds of pseudoscience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_topics_characterized_as_pseudoscience

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 5:32 AM, August Heim <august.heim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why is this conversation continuing? The first rule of discourse is do you
> forsee any conditions with which your mind will change?  If not then there
> is no point in discussing.
>

> On Oct 31, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Steve Mussman wrote:
>
> > http://www.icrs2012.com/Consensus_Statement.htm

Dept. Marine & Wildlife Resources, American Samoan Government
PO Box 7390
Pago Pago, American Samoa 96799  USA