[Coral-List] Non-scientific thinking

Billy Causey billy.causey at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 2 14:32:55 EDT 2012

Very wise advice John!

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM, John Ware <jware at erols.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> A long time ago a very wise man told me:
>
> "You cannot use reason to change a position that a person did not use
> reason to reach."
>
> A light went off and since then I have saved myself a lot of time by
> simply not wasting my time trying to reason with unreasonable people.
>
> John
>
> --
>     *************************************************************
>     *                                                           *
>     *                      John R. Ware, PhD                    *
>     *                         President                         *
>     *                      SeaServices, Inc.                    *
>     *                     302 N. Mule Deer Pt.                  *
>     *                    Payson, AZ 85541, USA                  *
>     *                       928 478-6358                        *
>     *                      jware at erols.com                      *
>     *                 http://www.seaservices.org                *
>     *                                                           *
>     *                   Member of the Council:                  *
>     *            International Society for Reef Studies         *
>     *                                          _                *
>     *                                         |                 *
>     *   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *
>     *                                        _|_                *
>     *                                       | _ |               *
>     *        _______________________________|   |________       *
>     *     |\/__       Untainted by Technology            \      *
>     *     |/\____________________________________________/      *
>     *************************************************************
>
> If you are a coral-reef scientist and you are not a member
> of the International Society for Reef Studies, then
> shame on you.
> Become a member of the International Society for Reef Studies
> http://www.coralreefs.org

Billy D. Causey, Ph.D.
Regional Director
Southeast Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean Region
NOAA's Office of National Marine Sanctuaries
33 East Quay Road
Key West, Florida 33040

Office:  305 809 4670 (ex 234)
Mobile: 305 395 0150
Fax:     305 293 5011
Email:  Billy.Causey at noaa.gov

Will Our Grandchildren Remember Us For What We Conserved and Protected or
For What We Let Slip Away?