[Coral-List] Goliath Grouper encounters

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 5 15:40:56 EST 2012

     * We should all be spreading the "look don't touch" and "keep wildlife
       wild" messages. Agreed.
     * (Not sure how all the marine scientists who work for aquariums feel
       about the latter directive).
     * In all fairness to Dr. Frias-Torres, sometimes one can be transformed in
       the moment.
     * I was once overcome by the urge to touch when a solitary whale shark
       approached me in the wild.
     * Again when a pod of pseudorcas surrounded me playfully.
     * And then there was that big green moray that darted between my legs.
     * Oh, I can't leave out that octopus that extended his arm as if to . . .
     * There are a number of worse things going on that are actually being
       supported by the scuba diving industry.
     * Dr,  Frias-Torres  does  a  lot of good work in the area of marine
       conservation.
     * I  took her message to be not that it's OK to touch, but that it's
       important to care.