[Coral-List] Florida Protect Our Reefs Grant RFP

Dave Vaughan dvaughan at mote.org
Mon Nov 12 14:50:50 EST 2012

Coral List

Mote Marine Laboratory is proud to announce another year of coral reef
grants, funded by the Florida Protect Our Reefs License plate funds from
2012. The announcement is below and the Request For Proposals (RFP)
information and the Instructions for proposal submission can be found at
the mote website at:

   http://www.mote.org/4reef

Proposals are due: January 15, 2013

Dave Vaughan
Executive Director
Mote Tropical Research Lab
Florida Keys, USA

  *NOTICE OF:Mote Marine Laboratory "Protect Our Reefs"*

  *2012License Plate Grant Funding Availability -Request For Proposals
  for 2013*//

**

      *GRANT TITLE/LINK *

**

Ø*Protect Our Reefs***

*http://www.mote.org/4reef*

**

**

        FUNDING SOURCE

*And LINK *

**

Ø*Mote Marine Laboratory -- Protect Our Reefs License Plate*

*http://www.mote.org/4reef*

**

**

*WHO CAN APPLY?*

**

ØEligible organizations shall be based in Florida and engaged in reef
research, education and/or conservation.Applicants must be a public
agency, educational institution or a non-profit entity as designated by
the IRS.

**

      *HOW CAN THE GRANT MONEY BE USED?*

**

ØEligible organizations can utilize the funds to support projects
related to research, education (and outreach) and/or conservation of the
Florida Coral Reef Ecosystem.Priorities are similar to those outlined by
the: Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary Science Plan, the NOAA-Coral
Reef Conservation Program, the Water Quality Protection Program, and the
National Undersea Research Program descriptions of coral reef research
priorities. Primary focus will be on projects that significantly enhance
the capabilities of coral reef ecosystem resource managers to more
effectively utilize science-based information in promoting and
implementing the restoration and long-term sustainable use of these
ecosystems in an increasingly acidic marine environment.

**

      *GRANT AMOUNTS **and **Number of Awards*

ØIt is forecast that approximately ten start-up grants of approximately
$10,000 each will be available for this year's (2012) funding and that a
few higher funded grants of approximately $25,000 are anticipated.

ØThe program has the intent of granting more small start-up grants and a
few medium grants.

ØAll proposals will be reviewed by the Grants Advisory Committee, which
will set priorities and make recommendations for awards to the President
of Mote Marine Laboratory.

**

      *MATCH/LEVERAGE*

      *REQUIREMENT*

ØNone required, but matching funds and partnerships with entities, such
as: Mote Marine Laboratory; Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary;
Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, or other relevant organizations
are encouraged.

**

          KEY DATES

**

ØRequest For Proposals (RFP): November 1, 2012.

ØProposals due: January 15, 2013.

ØNotifications: April 16, 2013.

ØGrants Awarded: May 1, 2013.

*OTHER GRANT INFORMATION:On the website at; *

*_WWW.MOTE.ORG/4reef <http://www.mote.org/4reef>_*

Any questions about the program should be directed to Bruce Frerer,
Grants Advisory Committee. bfrerer at mote.org <mailto:bfrerer at mote.org>