[Coral-List] Coral Reef Video System

juergen.herler at univie.ac.at juergen.herler at univie.ac.at
Tue Nov 20 08:13:06 EST 2012

Dear listers!

For the (behavioral) ecologists among you, I would like to draw your attention to a paper that
describes the use of surveillance camera systems for long- and short-term observations
(including nocturnal observations) at different spatial scales in coral reefs (or other areas).
http://www.mdpi.com/2072-4292/4/11/3346

The paper has open access ...

We hope to stimulate more behavioral studies and field work with this. Our system is quite
sophisticated. It could be simpler and cheaper, and equipped with newer components (which
pop up on the market almost monthly).
If you are interested in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact the first author or me.

Cheers
Juergen