[Coral-List] Great Barrier Reef is rapidly loosing coral

Eugene Shinn eshinn at marine.usf.edu
Wed Oct 24 12:26:14 EDT 2012

Dear listers, I just received a most interesting publication on the
GBR situation. It is from Dr. Walter Stark who I briefly knew in the
1960s when he was receiving his doctorate from the University of
Miami.  Walter grew up in the Florida Keys and after receiving his
degree sailed to Australia where he has remained as a researcher and
Dive tour operator. Walter is an original and has been around longer
than most Australian reef researchers. He received no government
research funding and therefore has a decidedly different view of what
is happening to the GBR. I know many readers will disagree but it may
be worth examining his alternative view of what is happening on the
GBR. Remember, I am just the messenger. Gene
http://www.quadrant.org.au/blogs/doomed-planet/2012/10/reef-alarmists-jump-the-shark
--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor