[Coral-List] Nikon D70 available.

Elizabeth Neves elizabeth.neves at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 18:11:41 EDT 2012

*Dear Dr. Ware,*
*I am wondering if it is too much late... But I much would like to know if
I (still) have any chance to apply for the donation!*
*Actually we are monitoring a reef system in the Todos os Santos Bay (Bahia
State, northeastern Brazil), and our team has only one sony cybershot for
taking pictures. We need scuba diving gear and camera as well, does not
matter the state. Intending to assess the biodiversity of the Brazilian
Province, we are also studying the reef associated biota,
including invertebrate microsymbionts. We have important data on
platyhelminthes, copepods, decapods, ophiuroids, and the famous coral
bioinvasor, Tubastraea. Thus, if possible, it will be very profitable if
we could rely on your support.*
*Thanking in advance,*
*Elizabeth

*
On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM, John Ware <jware at erols.com> wrote:

> I have a Nikon D70 with a Sea&Sea housing that I will donate to anybody
> (almost) that wants it.
> Sue Drafahl (UW photographer of some renown) told me several years ago
> that she thought the D70 was be best camera she had used.  That was
> several years ago.
>
> But: There is no port, no lenses, no strobes.
>
> If you are interested, send me a note.
>
> --
>     *************************************************************
>     *                                                           *
>     *                      John R. Ware, PhD                    *
>     *                         President                         *
>     *                      SeaServices, Inc.                    *
>     *                     302 N. Mule Deer Pt.                  *
>     *                    Payson, AZ 85541, USA                  *
>     *                       928 478-6358                        *
>     *                      jware at erols.com                      *
>     *                 http://www.seaservices.org                *
>     *                                                           *
>     *                   Member of the Council:                  *
>     *            International Society for Reef Studies         *
>     *                                          _                *
>     *                                         |                 *
>     *   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *
>     *                                        _|_                *
>     *                                       | _ |               *
>     *        _______________________________|   |________       *
>     *     |\/__       Untainted by Technology            \      *
>     *     |/\____________________________________________/      *
>     *************************************************************
>
> If you are a coral-reef scientist and you are not a member
> of the International Society for Reef Studies, then
> shame on you.
> Become a member of the International Society for Reef Studies
> http://www.coralreefs.org

*Prof. Dr. Elizabeth Neves*
*Professor Adjunto 1*
*Instituto de Biologia/UFBA*
*LABIMAR - Laboratório de Invertebrados Marinhos: Crustacea, Cnidaria e
Fauna Associada
**http://www.labimar.bio.ufba.br* <http://www.labimar.bio.ufba.br/>
*IB/UFBA - Campus Ondina*
*Rua Barão de Geremoabo 147, *