[Coral-List] Rearranging the deck chairs

Maia Stapleton Mukherjee maiafau at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 30 14:10:22 EDT 2012

In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, overcome by the images of my city in ruins and the sense that this is just a taste of the impending "new normal," I encourage you all to read the following op-ed in the NY times...
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/30/opinion/an-oyster-in-the-storm.html

And.....let's keep fighting hard get the people who really can make a difference to really start making the hard choices and the innovative policies we need to try to stave off the ultimate worst-case senario.

In solidarity-

Maia S. Mukherjee, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist
Xyleco, inc
271 Salem St
Woburn, Ma 01801

 “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.”
-Mahatma Gandhi

 “If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions,
great is our sin.” -Charles Darwin

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." -Voltaire

Speak out for human rights. Make your voice heard by joining Amnesty International's network of more than a million activists around the globe.
You can make a difference.
http://web.amnesty.org/pages/join-eng