[Coral-List] Open Position: Pacific Reef Resilience Program Director @ Coral Reef Alliance

Rick MacPherson rmacpherson at coral.org
Mon Sep 10 12:09:00 EDT 2012

Position Opening: Pacific Coral Reef Resilience Program Director

We are seeking an exceptional conservation and science professional to fill the position of Program Director for a new initiative aimed at advancing the science, management, and conservation of Pacific coral reefs.  Our initiative will pursue targeted research at Palmyra Atoll as well as other Pacific Islands, and will aim to apply these findings to practical management and conservation challenges.

The position will be housed at the Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) in San Francisco, CA, but will serve the collective interests of a consortium of investigators from a suite of institutions, including the American Museum of Natural History, the Coral Reef Alliance, the Nature Conservancy, Stanford University, the University of California San Diego, the University of California Santa Barbara, the University of North Carolina Wilmington, and Victoria University of Wellington.  We are launching this program with an initial grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, which includes funding for a full time Program Director for roughly two years.  We anticipate strong prospects for leveraging this initial award, resulting in a longer-term opportunity.

For a full job announcement, please visit: http://www.coral.org/Pacific_Coral_Reef_Resilience_Program_Director

Rick MacPherson
Interim Executive Director
Conservation Programs Director