[Coral-List] Re : Spawning in the southern Caribbean

léa urvoix lea.urvoix at laposte.net
Tue Sep 11 10:42:10 EDT 2012

Dear Valeria,

In Guadeloupe, we observed partial spawning of Montastrea faveolata on 6 september 2012. Mass spawning for Montastrea annularis and just few less for M.faveolata were observed on 7 september 2012.
Spawning occurred 6 and 7 days after the first September full moon between 21h15 and 22h30.

We also dived on August 8 and 9 (+6 and +7 after full moon) between 21h10 and 22h30 but just two colonies spawned partially .
I don't know for October but this species spawned at +7 after full moon last year and in 2004.
Kind regards

Léa Urvoix
Ph. D student
Laboratoire de Biologie Marine