[Coral-List] Urgent need to create portal site for all marine science data, information and research

RainbowWarriorsInternational southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 11:17:42 EDT 2012

I have and it is not sufficient. The UN has created a program called UN Global Pulse for "big data mining". See www.unglobalpulse.org.

Big data mining for ascertaining the overall status of ocean and coastal marine ecosystems and how this will impact human society is necessary.

I would rather have the end-users come up with useful specs and ways to filter the good from the bad info, the bottom up approach, than some UN assigned teams using the top down approach, which will be far less accurate in providing the most relevant big data.

The UN Global Pulse, Google and Mendely are all proprietary non-open approaches, what we plan to do is total open access as envisioned in the Semantic Web, and supporting open science (and peer reviewed paid for science publications)

Milton Ponson, President
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
(Rainbow Warriors International)
Tel. +297 568 5908
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Email: southern_caribbean at yahoo.com
http://www.rainbowwarriors.net

To unite humanity in a global society dedicated to a sustainable way of life