[Coral-List] reporting [CO2] to the public

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Thu Sep 13 17:10:58 EDT 2012

Bruce:

But you leave out the obvious one - The Daily Show. John Stewart was
recently voted the most trusted newsman in the US. Yeah, I know.... but
actually true investigative reporting has all but disappeared in this
country - and most of the fact checking and similar activities that have
been picked up by the more mainstream media had their origins on the Daily
Show.

And, I can hardly see the other news anchors already with all the trailers,
ticker tapes and so forth. I'll bet that if you compared the actual screen
space occupied by the talking head today to the screen size when I Love
Lucy was not in reruns, there's not a lot of difference. I'm afraid that,
with the scant amount of screen space left, if we put up the CO2 graph,
we'd be watching........ "radio".

SO, despite the fact that his globe rotates the wrong way at the beginning
of the show, that would still be my vote, given the alternatives. Sorry,
the devil made me do it!

Dennis