[Coral-List] Will the reefs die completely??

Todd Barber reefball at reefball.com
Fri Sep 14 14:40:27 EDT 2012

There are acropora species that can survive very warm waters (off
Kuwait).  At some point, man will have to start "bioengineering"
corals that can adapt to future water conditions associated with
global climate change (unless we can stop the change which seems
unlikely for now anyway).

Our foundation has already began the process to asexually reproduce
and propagate coral that is better suited to pollution.....wonder if
we should start working on acidified water and warmer water?

Thanks,

Todd R Barber
Chairman, Reef Ball Foundation
609 PORTIA N ST, NOKOMIS, FL 34275