[Coral-List] Reporting Co2 to the public

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 15 13:57:46 EDT 2012

   Bruce Carlson's idea is brilliant, but as Doug has pointed out, there are
   some hurdles to overcome.
   Not the least of which is how to lobby "the powers that be" effectively
   enough to get the idea implemented.
   Perhaps some would be more receptive than others. Something tells me that
   FOX News might balk.
   And let's not forget that there will be some powerful sources of advertising
   revenue that will show force
   on all fronts.Then comes the problem Doug alluded to of educating the public
   as to the relationship
   between CO2 concentrations and the earth's temperature. James Hansen has
   used watts per square metre
   as  a  way to illustrate this forcing, but can this be comprehensively
   consumed by the general public?
   I'm a good example of a layperson that struggled through the process which
   to be honest, required some faith.
   Nevertheless this is too good of an idea to drop because of a few obstacles.
   We should all be thinking
   of ways to push this forward. And Bruce should get the intellectual property
   rights!
   Regards,
     Steve