[Coral-List] Pics correction software - replies
m.milanese at studioassociatogaia.com
Mon Sep 17 05:29:59 EDT 2012
Thank you so much for the immediate response to my enquiry about pics
correction! I started acknowledging each reply but quickly realised this way
would be better. I¹d also like to summarise the advices, for anyone else who
might be facing the same problem.
Top of the list (N= 8) is Photoshop/Lightroom, applying lens correction
tools that may be both embedded and plugged
9b94-7feb.html). Other photo editing software (e.g. ACDC Pro
http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee-pro-5) also suggested.
Other options (in temporal order as I received them):
- PhaseOne software (featuring a free trial version):
- Image J software: http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/
- HEMI fisheye converter: http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/fisheye-hemi.htm
- LensFix software: http://www.kekus.com/lensfix.html
- Altostorm's Rectilinear Panorama Pro: http://www.altostorm.com/
- PTLens software (recommended for batch auto-correction):
- Camera calibration software for Matlab:
- applying a GIS-orthorectification software (debated...)
- contact Sony and ask for an appropriate software for post-processing
- explore further lists/directory (e.g.
For what I could see, the above mentioned software often need Photoshop to
be installed, first. In my case that might be a problem (I don¹t use
Photoshop) but an easily solvable one. Now... I haven¹t tried any of the
above, so far, and can¹t provide any feedback yet. I am very curious,
though, and will take to it ASAP.
I would really like to thank the list (and listers) for being always keen on
helping and provide such a valuable advice.
I would also like to thank those who offered to help in person (Joost,
Pat)!! I am tempted.... :-)
More information about the Coral-List