[Coral-List] Sad- Lobbying and the Majuro Anti-Coral Reef Destruction petition

Monika Franck monikafranck at email.com
Sun Sep 23 18:41:55 EDT 2012

Hi Jim

 Regarding Dean Jacobson's plea for help email below and your response after that.

 So pathetically sad and de-motivating that we can not help each other out in a crisis using this forum, particularly when the Majuro case does not seem to have followed standard EIA practice, nor received equal representation, and the few who are questioning the unsustainable destruction of the Majuro coral reef are being bullied into silence.

 This makes sustainable development under an EIA tool into just another greenwash term to disguise environmental destruction rather than wise utilisation of our natural world.

 Turns sustainable development into a joke when witnessing cases like these, and it leaves little hope for the future of any of our ecosystem services staying intact when universal EIA and sustainable development laws and standards can just be pushed aside when it suits those in power and money.

 Dean I admire you perseverence, keep it up and wish there was more we could do to help.

 Best wishes
 Monika