[Coral-List] MCAV spawning and unknown green bundles

Ivana Kenny ibmkenny at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 21:36:17 EDT 2012

Dear Coral Listers,

I recently conducted some coral spawning observations.
In one particular MCAV colony we noticed something green in the mouth of some polyps and during what we think was the spawning event we also observed some larger green bundles floating around the colony.
I have attached a composite of video clips showing this particular colony.
1) Can anyone confirm that spawning was observed (MCAV releasing tiny white eggs)?
2) Does any one know what the green bundles could be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l227STj0kdU

(contact me for higher quality video)

Ivana