[Coral-List] Seagrass-Watch Magazine - Issue 47 -NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE

Seagrass-Watch HQ hq at seagrasswatch.org
Tue Apr 2 19:29:29 EDT 2013

The latest issue of Seagrass-Watch (the official magazine of the global
seagrass and assessment program) is now available online at
<http://www.seagrasswatch.org/magazine.html>
http://www.seagrasswatch.org/magazine.html . Both low and high resolution
versions of the magazine are available. Please note that the high resolution
version is 38Mb.

Threats: human impacts and mitigation
In this issue we take a timely look around our world at the impact we are
having on our coastal waters. Unfortunately it is these same waters that are
the home for seagrass meadows and in many places these meadows are paying
the price for living too close to us. The pictures in this edition speak as
loud as any words. The challenges are global - no one country is outstanding
either in the problems and loss of seagrass or in finding manageable
solutions. But it is not all bad news. Many initiatives seek to slow and
halt the decline in this vital habitat. Risk mapping and working with
farmers in Australia; managing vessel damage in Florida and Wales;
restoration and working with local community and indigenous groups in
Australia, Indonesia, and the Philippines, are all good examples. There is a
role for us all in shaping public opinion and policy and we trust the
articles in this issue will encourage useful discussion on positive
approaches to a better world.

Happy Reading
Seagrass-Watch HQ
Email: hq at seagrasswatch.org
Website:
<blocked::file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rudi/Application%20Data/Micr
osoft/Signatures/www.seagrasswatch.org> www.seagrasswatch.org
Seagrass-Watch Team: http://www.seagrasswatch.org/team.html
<blocked::http://www.seagrasswatch.org/team.html>
Follow us on  <blocked::https://twitter.com/SeagrassWatchHQ> twitter
Watch:  <blocked::http://youtu.be/66Y5vgswj20> Pastures of the sea

Note: The contents of this email transmission, including any attachments,
are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any
unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents and any
attachments is expressly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error please delete it and any attachments from your system immediately
and advise the sender by return email or telephone. Seagrass-Watch HQ does
not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.