[Coral-List] Seahorses in Thailand

Tse-Lynn Loh tehhaliatarik at yahoo.com.sg
Tue Aug 13 11:48:29 EDT 2013

Hi Listers,

I'm surveying seahorse populations in Southeast Asia as part of my
postdoctoral research at the Shedd Aquarium, in collaboration with Project
Seahorse. We are starting efforts in Thailand because it has the largest
volumes of seahorse exports globally, and we'll like to assess the status
and distribution of the local seahorse populations. We've done initial
searches along the Andaman coast, looked through literature, searched
online and interviewed a number of people on the ground, but are having
difficulty finding areas with good numbers of seahorses.

If you've seen seahorses anywhere off the coasts of Thailand recently (past
2-5 years), I would be very appreciative if you could email me at
tloh at sheddaquarium.org. Information on specific location, habitat details,
depths and approximate dates would be very useful.

Apologies for any cross-posting.

Thanks very much in advance!

Best,
Tse-Lynn

Tse-Lynn Loh, Ph.D
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Project Seahorse
Daniel P. Haerther Center for Conservation and Research
John G. Shedd Aquarium

p 312.692.3173

www.sheddaquarium.org

Shedd Aquarium is accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and
the Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums.