[Coral-List] Coral Growth Rates

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Mon Aug 19 13:24:23 EDT 2013

Hi all:

I am preparing a summary paper on carbonate cycling in modern reefs and am
asking for help finding new (and old) data on coral growth. If anyone has
numbers for species at various depths, I'd greatly appreciate any data
available. I'd need growth rate, species, water depth, location and a
citation for the data. If it's in a spreadsheet, that's great, but if it's
just a paper you are familiar with, a citation or (better yet) a pdf would
be fine.

If you are willing, I suggest that you send me the information offline as
the listserve doesn't accept attachments. Once it looks like the trail has
dried up, I will send a copy of the complete spreadsheet to any
contributors.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

--
Dennis Hubbard
Chair, Dept of Geology-Oberlin College Oberlin OH 44074

* "When you get on the wrong train.... every stop is the wrong stop"*
 Benjamin Stein: "*Ludes, A Ballad of the Drug and the Dream*"