[Coral-List] ISRS Newsletter - REEF ENCOUNTER - call for news items and short papers

Rupert Ormond rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 11:44:41 EST 2013

Dear Coral Listers,

May I alert you to the fact that we are expecting to publish a new
edition of REEF ENCOUNTER, (the newsletter / magazine of the
International Society for Reef Studies) around the end of January 2014.

We have sections for SHORT NEWS ITEMS (e.g. new projects or discoveries)
and for REEF RELATED ANNOUNCEMENTS (e.g. conferences), and NOW would be
the time for reef researchers, managers, etc. to submit relevant
material for inclusion in these sections in the forth-coming issue.

The magazine will also include GENERAL ARTICLES (2 - 5 typed pages, not
focussing on new data) and SHORT PAPERS (2-4 typed pages focussing on
new data or ideas), and we also welcome offers of either (priority being
given to members), for consideration in the upcoming or future issues.

All the above types of material can be submitted via me
(rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com) as Journal Manager or Caroline Rogers
(caroline_rogers at usgs.gov) as Journal Editor.

with thanks

*Rupert Ormond*

Corresponding Secretary, International Society for Reef Studies.

Hon. Professor, Centre for Marine Biodiversity & Biotechnology,
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh.

E-mail: rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com <mailto:rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com>
<mailto:rupert.ormond.mci at gmail.com>

---