[Coral-List] Summer internships available in the Maldives

Michael Sweet M.Sweet at derby.ac.uk
Wed Dec 18 11:14:26 EST 2013

KorallionLab Research Assistant Positions

KorallionLab are pleased to announce the opening of new RA positions based at our private island, Vavvaru.  Vavvaru is nestled within the Maldives in the middle of the Indian Ocean, one of the most diverse marine environments in the world. You will get the opportunity to work with our resident Scientific Officer on their specific research projects, along with designing and implementing your own.  Furthermore you will contribute to the numerous long term projects we have established including developing the coral nursery, monitoring the reef health of the island, identifying our resident manta populations for the Manta Trust and develop a biodiversity index on the Maldivian reefs. Furthermore you will have the opportunity to deliver talks of your research to local schools and visiting tourists. The cost, including food, accommodation, full use of the facilities is USD 700.00 per week (minimum 2 weeks) + USD 500.00 for internal flights (excluding international flights). If interested please contact Dr Michael Sweet at m.sweet at derby.ac.uk<mailto:m.sweet at derby.ac.uk>. Dr Sweet will be available throughout your time on the island to offer external advice on your project.

The University of Derby has a published policy regarding email and reserves the right to monitor email traffic. If you believe this was sent to you in error, please select unsubscribe.