[Coral-List] recreation and non-commercail fishing restrictions and engagement

mtupper mtupper at coastal-resources.org
Fri Feb 1 10:11:03 EST 2013

Hi Nicole, Chris and Listers,

Perhaps I missed a post or two on this thread, but I'm surprised nobody has
mentioned the NOAA Marine Recreational Fisheries Statistics Survey (MRFSS)
program and the Marine Recreational Information Program (MRIP). They comprise
one of the largest marine recreational fisheries databases available. There are
tons of data for reef-associated recreational fisheries in Florida and the Gulf
of Mexico. Data are also available for Hawaii but I haven't queried that
dataset, so I'm not sure if the information is as comprehensive as the
Florida/Gulf data.

The data can be publicly queried online. You can run data queries, download data
subsets, etc. It might be worth a look. I've found it useful in the past.

Cheers,
Mark

Dr. Mark Tupper
Coastal Resources Association
207-10822 City Parkway, Surrey, BC, Canada V3T 0C2
www.coastal-resources.org
Email: mtupper at coastal-resources.org
Tel. 1-604-588-1674; Mobile: 1-604-961-2022

Philippines Office:
Poblacion, Sagay, Camiguin, Philippines 9103
Tel. +63-906-568-3653