[Coral-List] Satellite imagery showing coral reef destruction in South China Sea

John McManus jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu
Mon Jan 7 18:27:46 EST 2013

Here is a paper from a couple of years ago on the Spratly Island ecological
situation.

McManus JW, Shao K-T, Lin SY (2010) Toward establishing a Spratly Islands
International Marine Peace Park: ecological importance and supportive
collaborative activities with an emphasis on the role of Taiwan. Ocean
Development and International Law 41:270-280.

I would be interested in hearing from whoever identified the coral damage
associated with the satellite photos.

Cheers!

John

John W. McManus, PhD
Director, National Center for Coral Reef Research (NCORE)
Professor, Marine Biology and Fisheries
Coral Reef Ecology and Management Lab (CREM Lab)
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science (RSMAS)
University of Miami, 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway, Miami, 33149
jmcmanus at rsmas.miami.edu      http://ncore.rsmas.miami.edu/
Phone: 305-421-4814

"Far better an approximate answer to the right question, which is often
vague,
   than an exact answer to the wrong question, which can always be made
precise."

     --John Tukey, Statistician, National Medal of Science and IEEE Medal of
Honor

John