[Coral-List] Internship opportunity at Academia Sinica, Taiwan

shashank iamshanky15 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 14:23:23 EST 2013

Dear All
Please circulate this...
This year again there will be opportunities for the summer internship program at Academia Sinica, Taiwan.  Biodiversity Research Center, Dr. Allen Chen's lab will have 1 position for the same. Interested students can apply through the online application procedure. The webpage link is; https://db1x.sinica.edu.tw/tigpSummer/

The application deadline for the TIGP-IIP is due on Feb 29, 2012

You may contact for further information any one below

Dr. Allen Chen - cac at gate.sinica.edu.tw
Shashank Keshavmurthy - shashank at gate.sinica.edu.tw

Regards
shashank

In brief

International applicants with diverse science background are encouraged to obtain hands-on research experience under the supervision of TIGP’s well-established researchers. Hopefully, the experience would motivate interested students to consider careers in science-related disciplines and choose TIGP for their Ph.D. studies.

Outline of the International Internship Program

Program Duration: This program typically takes place during July and August. However the dates can be changed by the host PI upon request.
Eligibility:
The TIGP-IIP invites application from overseas candidates of the following status:

Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2013.
Students perusing a Master’s degree.
Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)

Program Highlights :
Orientation—Introduction to Academia Sinica and Taiwan International Graduate Program
Visits to TIGP’s partner institutions and sightseeing/fieldtrips
Basic or fundamental Chinese language classes: free, classes can be waived if the intern has basic knowledge of Mandarin/Chinese or upon request by the mentor.
Internship Report/Poster Presentation
Certificate awarding ceremony

Whether our efforts are, or not, favored by life, let us be able to say, when we come near the great goal,I have done what I could - Louis Pasteur

Role of Infinitely Small in Nature is Infinitely Large - Louis Pasteur