[Coral-List] Diver distance from Reef

Julian @ Reef Check julian at reefcheck.org.my
Wed Jul 31 22:03:47 EDT 2013

Hi Ulf

A couple of years ago we were approached by SSI in South East Asia. They
were in the process of establishing their dive operator environmental
programme (I think it was called "ecological"). If I remember right, they
were considering making it a requirement for partners who sign up as
"ecological" centres to participate in reef monitoring programmes, hence,
they approached us. Nothing came of it. I just checked their website;
nothing mentioned. It would be interesting to find out why they didn't go
that route!

Julian Hyde

General Manager

Reef Check Malaysia Bhd

www.reefcheck.org.my

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/rcmalaysia

HEARD A FISH BOMB? TEXT US AT 012 647 1294 WITH DATE, TIME AND LOCATION!

"The bottom line of the Millenium Assessment findings is that human actions
are depleting Earth's natural capital, putting such strain on the
environment that the ability of the planet's ecosystems to sustain future
generations can no longer be taken for granted."